Wednesday 20 November 2013

Studio work: Making linocuts

The time I spent with my mum in Poland somehow filtered through into my work. Staying in the apartment where I lived as a child also affected me. Looking at the old photographs fixed the images in my head.


I wanted to dedicate some of my work to my mother. I have been working on a series of small linocuts called Zofia. That is my mother's name. Here is the working progress of 'Zofia 1' and 'Zofia 3'.



There will be 4 limited edition lino prints, each made of 3 colors: black, red and grey. Altogether I will have to cut 12 plates.


It's been a long time since I have done any printmaking. It feels good to do it again. I think printmaking suits my temperament. I like doing the work in stages. It takes the restlessness away, I just carry on.

I will post the finished images here shortly.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment