Tuesday 3 December 2013

My linocuts are ready

My little series of linocuts dedicated to my mother Zofia is now ready. It looks different to what I initially imagined it to be, but it is often the case with my work. It's like the images have a life of their own and I follow where they want me to go.

This image is based on my memory of a photograph taken when my mother was a girl scout.


This one is inspired by another photograph, taken when my sister and I were playing in the park, with our mother watching us. I am the one busy drawing in the sand. An early indication of what my work would be.


The next image is about the moon, but also about the transition from this life to the one beyond, to our true home. We are on a journey...


I wish you all a Wonderful Christmas. See you next year.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments: