Tuesday 10 November 2015

Art and Craft Cooperative in Charlottesville, Virginia

A few months ago I went to spend some time with my family in Virginia, and as usual I visited one of my favorite shops, Charlottesville Arts Cooperative Gallery, located in the centre of beautiful Charlottesville.


I have been researching business models of Artists Cooperative for some time, and this is one of the best examples.


The gallery shows products of up to 60 artists and makers. As a cooperative, they work together to operate the store, helping keep their art affordable. Twice a month each artist or maker has a selling duty in the shop. The cooperative is managed by a small group of people and they employ a part time bookkeeper.


Each member of the cooperative designs and makes the display for their own section of the gallery. Here are some of the examples:







And here is my favorite display:


I hope you enjoyed this post. If you would like to learn more about Charlottesville Arts Cooperative check their website here.




Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment