Wednesday 23 November 2011

Winter blues

It is so cold today. Not below zero yet, but close, the winter is approaching fast. I have been working on the new lamp, in blue color, how suitable for this time of year. This is the story of the lamp:

Last weekend D and I went to Rayleigh, a small town in Essex, where he gets his hair cut every month. While he chats to his hairdresser about music, I use this time to rummage in the second hand shops for the materials for my Hatome lamps. This time I found a treasure:  1960s/70s blue glass lamp base, a Mid Century Ikea classic. I was so pleased with it, especially when next day I found the ideal fabric for re-covering the lampshade. Because next day we went to the Vintage Fashion and Accessories Fair in Hitchin, Herts and I bought this beautiful 1970s linen tablecloth featuring blue and purple flowers.

The blue lamp is now ready:




I also got this 1970s ceramic tea pot which goes nicely with the lamp:


As you probably noticed, I placed a new gadget on this blog, it is the link to Hatome shop. Have a look and let me know what you think. I would be grateful for your feedback.

Yolanta
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Your new lamp is really beautiful!!The fabric goes perfectly with the lamp foot. And thank you for the story behind it.

    Love,
    XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It takes a lot of time (and luck) to find good original lamp bases and matching vintage fabric to go with them and I have to be very patient to find just the right combination. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encantan tus lámparas y toda tu creatividad!!!!

    ReplyDelete