Sunday 31 July 2011

Making Plum, Spelt & Oat crumble - Wheat Free baking

The plum frenzy continues... Taking advantage of the abundance of our plum tree, I have made a Plum, Spelt and Oat Crumble. It was really delicious so I am sharing the recipe with you. This recipe is wheat free so even if you have a wheat intolerance (like myself) you can also enjoy it. Of course you can substitute wheat flour for the spelt flour if you like.


For a serving for 6 people you will need:

Fruit part
•  700g plums halved and stoned
•  1 tablespoon lemon juice
•  1 tablespoon spelt flower
•  50g muscovado sugar

Crumble part:
•  100g spelt flour
•  half teaspoon cinnamon
•  100g muscovado sugar
•  100g butter or margarine
•  75g rolled oats

To serve:
thick Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream


Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Place in the baking dish and sprinkle with 1 tbsp lemon juice.


Add 1 tbsp spelt flour and 50g muscovado sugar and toss the plums in them.


Prepare the crumble: Place the flour, cinnamon, sugar, butter and oats in a bowl and mix it with your fingers until the crumble forms. It should not be allowed to form a ball, but be quite loose.


Sprinkle the crumble on top of the plums and put in the preheated oven.


Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is a nice golden color.


Serve hot with a thick Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream.

Happy baking:)
Yolanta
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what I would do for one of your crumbles this evening. Especially with heavenly garden plums! The step-by-step photos are fabulous. Something I long to include with my recipes but can't manage at the moment with the little ones under foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poorna darling, I got used to taking the photos now. I have a place prepared with the best light in the kitchen, by the window, I do my preparations there and I just keep the camera at ready on the worktop and try to remember to use it. Writing this blog actually helps me to be organized.

    ReplyDelete