Wednesday 24 September 2014

Ceramic floor and wall ideas

I recently visited Poland again and my friends took me to a wonderful place in the countryside close to Lodz, in a village called Bukowiec. This is where, in a large country house, the ONJATY Association is located. ONJATY is a non-governmental and non-profit organization created in 1995 in order to help children and their families. They give a lot of artistic workshops there. They include pottery, hand-made paper making, felting wool, painting, botanical illustration, upcycled clothing and ecological education.

The founder, Jolanta Rozycka, showed me the house and I could not resist taking a few photos of the ceramic floors and walls. They were all created by a ceramic artist and painter Piotr Klemens Borzecki.




Looking at this beautiful floor I got really inspired and decided to attempt doing something similar in my bathroom. Watch this space.




For more information about the ONJATY association click here.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment