Friday 5 October 2012

Healthy snack: Energy Bomb

Today I came up with an idea for a healthy snack and I called it Energy Bomb. I just had it with lemon tea and it was delicious! It is really easy to make and keeps your energy level up for much longer than a piece of cake or a banana would have done.


Here is how to make an Energy Bomb:
In a small cooking pot, mix together semi-skimmed milk, porridge oats and any seeds and nuts you have available. You can add a little honey to it. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes, until it becomes dense.


Smear a little olive oil in a little cup and pour the mixture in it. Let it cool down. Put the cup upside down on a little plate, it will come out of the cup easily. Decorate it with a little home made jam (I used my homemade plum jam) and a few almond flakes. Your Energy Bomb is ready:


Serve with a cup of good tea of coffee. The Energy Bomb is a very satisfying and healthy snack.

Enjoy!
Yolanta





Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Yolanta for that snack! I always want to have something midmorning with my tee and instead of a sandwich or cake( which I never have) better with your Energy Bomb!!!HAve a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for new ways to satisfy my hunger without using wheat, to which I am allergic.
    Have a great weekend too Elisabet! x

    ReplyDelete